Introduction to Bit Manipulation
To ace coding interviews for tech companies, it is necessary to understand Bitwise operators, which are usually fast compared to arithmetic and other math operations.
- This course is designed for everyone who wants to improve their bit manipulation skills.
- It targets all software aspirants who want to get strong with Mathematical and Analytical thinking in solving Algorithmic problems.
- This is a critical topic for interviews with FAANG companies.
- This course helps competitive programmers who participate in CodeChef, Topcoder, CodeForces, HackerRank, HackerEarth, Leetcode, etc.
We will go step by step through what bitwise operators are and where they are used.
If you understand Bitwise operators, this course will help you re-write your algorithmic solutions with bit manipulation solutions.
This course is perfect for you if you are new to Bitwise operators. We start simple before moving to more complex concepts for bitwise operators. We then learn how to solve coding problems using Bitwise operators.
Good to know of:
- Basics of a programming language
- if-else conditional blocks
- primitive types, their range, Etc.
Jetbrains is free for students and teachers: Get free access to all JetBrains IDEs for personal use at school or home..
I use IntelliJ Idea, WebStorm, and Datagrip in my everyday use at work and personal. Apart from its basic tooling tasks, it offers even more advanced features. No IDE comes closer to JetBrains IDE’s.
IntelliJ Idea is the number one choice, per the survey conducted by open Java communities and the Java official channel.
For instance, I was asked to only use IntelliJ Idea when I worked for Apple, Jive SBS, a Medical startup and European Commission companies.
Please take full advantage of Jetbrain tools for what it offers in the community and the ultimate edition.
Most rewarding outcome of this course
The most rewarding outcome of this course is that you will learn:
- Solving problems commonly asked in coding interviews related to bit manipulation. These bit tricks could help programmers to run algorithms mostly in O(1) time.
- Hands-on practical coding challenges with examples and illustrations.
- Resources - To keep things as organized as possible for you, I have created a repository and attached all of the solutions to it.
- Java Solutions - 👨🏻💻 https://github.com/ggorantala/bit-manipulation-java-solutions
- Questions/Quiz that tests your knowledge of each chapter.
🤩 Happy coding!!