What’s Changed Since Version 16?
If you think there haven’t been many changes, think again.
Here’s a list of the relevant changes we’ll be discussing in this course:
- New Lifecycle Methods
- Simpler State Management with the Context API
- ContextType - Using Context without a Consumer
- The Profiler: Using Charts and Interactions
- Lazy Loading with React.Lazy and Suspense
- Functional PureComponent with React.memo
It goes without saying that a lot has been introduced since version 16. For your ease, each of these topics has been broken down into separate chapters.
In the next chapter, I’ll begin to discuss these changes by having a look at the new lifecycle methods available in version 16.