Configuring Access Credentials
AWS SAM CLI reuses the credential configurations from AWS command-line tools. If you already have credentials set up for AWS CLI, skip this section.
To deploy software to the AWS cloud, you will need an access key ID and a secret key ID associated with your user account. If you do not have these already, here is how you can generate a set of keys:
- Sign in to the AWS Web Console at https://aws.amazon.com/.
- Select the Identity and Access Management (IAM) service.
- In the left-hand IAM menu, select Users.
- Click on the Add User button.
- On the next screen, enter a name for the user account then, in the ‘Select AWS access type’ section, select Programmatic access.